Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sonnet 29-William Shakespeare

The sonnet is about a man that is depressed because he is lonely.  In the sonnet he says, "I all alone beweep my outcast state." (line 2).  He feels sorry for himself.  He says, "And look upon myself and curse my fate" in line 4.  He then begins to talk about how he wishes that he was someone else.  "Wishing me like to one more rich in hope, featur'd like him, like him with friends possess'd, desiring this mans art and that man's scope" (lines 5-7).  The resolution on the poem is that the man thinks of his love and everything is alright.  "Haply I think on thee, and then my state, like to the lark at break of day arising from sullen earth, sings hymns at heavens gate" (lines 10-12). He says that her love is wealth to him. "for thy sweet love rememb'red such wealth brings" (lines 13).

This Sonnet's message is true.  Everyone has been in love before, so a large amount of people would agree. 
If you can remember to the time you were in love, even if something really bad just happened, if you think of your love you know that everything will be alright.  You know that they will comfort you and that they care for you deeply.  The point that I am trying to make is that everyone can relate to this poem.  Even though this poem is a few hundread years old, the feeling of love has remained the same throughout all of time. 

2 comments:

  1. This is a very good blog, it allows me to understand, the sonnet, and also make sence, and now I understand the sonnet better

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you think Big J. I agree with you completely. Anyone that has felt inlove or a small desire towards a person feels better when they think of their love or is around them. I think it is safe to agree with you that that feeling has been around for a long time. It is a universal theme that most can relate to.

    p.s. hey, rizzle frizzle drizzle "THE BETTER RIZZI TWIN".... does your brother know this is your name!?

    ReplyDelete